Thursday, September 6, 2012

Gymnastics

Just a quick note this evening – more for my own family records than anything else. Tonight, Gavin started gymnastics. Due to gym rules I couldn’t get any pictures (yes, I was miserable) but he sure had fun! There were six little ones in his class, and three were boys! I was happily surprised!

Good news? He does very well following directions and participating in class. Not so good news? He’s a bit too eager about participating – if someone ahead of him went too slow, he budged ahead of them. Followed class tonight with a talk on the ride home about how proud we were of him – but that he needs to slow down and respect his new friends!

I’m hoping that this is something that Gavin will stick with for awhile. Just enough exercise to help keep those lungs healthy – but will also help keep a gangly little boy coordinated and on balance. But whether he chooses to continue, or find something else he enjoys, that’s his decision!

While I didn’t get a picture of him at the gym, I did manage to catch a fun glimpse into our life this evening.

This lip…

that lip

has been perfecting a pout for the last 3 1/2 years. Sorry buddy, as cute as that face is – you’re still not getting your way and staying up until morning time!

Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen!!! I just found your blog today and I to have CF. I think that you guys are doing a great job managing Gavin's CF. Keep up the excellent work guys!!!

    I recently started a blog and I invite you to follow along and check it out!!

    ReplyDelete