Thursday, August 4, 2011

Weekday Date Night

I got to go on a date with someone other than my husband last night. And while he’s only about three feet tall and about sixteen and a half years away from being legal, we had a blast!

Earlier in the day, I told Gavin that Daddy was working late so he could pick what we could do post daycare hours. He quickly replied, “Take mama to Applebees to eat chicken!” Melt my heart a little more buddy!

He excitedly ordered his own meal, a Joe Mauer (kiddie cocktail) and chicken tenders wit’ fwench fwies. And he ate every.single.bite! Music to this CF mama’s ears.

After our meal he asked to go to the play area (the restaurant is in the mall), but when we got there all the kids were well under two years of age. After about 10 minutes of playing he ran to me and said, “dey all babies mama. I too big for dis today.” While I would never bribe him with candy from a vending machine – ok, ok I totally did – we headed off to a couple stores and got him a bunch of clothes for next summer. This was the first time I had brought him shopping without a stroller - I wasn’t able to tie him down! My little tornado actually managed to keep his fingers off the clothing displays, didn’t scream at me to “’urry up!” and I was smart enough to head to the store constantly running cartoons until the very end.

By the time we got home, he was spent. A full belly, with energy burned at the play area and from just walking around the mall. We curled up on the couch to watch the “silly little guys” – aka Despicable Me – and he fell asleep giggling at the little yellow minions.

despicableme_inine_flv

I think I’m going to have to go dates with this short little guy more often. He’s fun, he makes me laugh, and his meal choices are seriously cheap!

3 comments:

  1. Love that he orders his own meals, asks to go out, and eats every bite! What a little superstar!! Can he teach madeline this technique?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great date to me! I can't believe how big he is, seems like he was just a toddler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a stud! Eating all his food...I just had a battle with Bryce to eat pizza. At least he drank the shake I gave him. Glad you had a fun night with your little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete