Monday, January 24, 2011

Trials & Tribulations of The Twos

As Gavin’s second birthday draws near…I can’t help but look back at pictures from just a year ago.

100_3387
once upon a time: sweet & innocent 

Each stage of childhood brings about different parenting trials & tribulations.  Lucky us, we’re currently enjoying the terrible terrific twos. Gavin is constantly seeing how far a quirky smile or pouted lip will get him. Giggling and running away to his (not so very) secret hiding spot in his bedroom when we ask him to, “come here please.” Slapping the ground and firmly saying, “no!” when he doesn’t want to do something. Refusing to eat anything but fruit snacks. Turning himself into dead weight when we try to pick him up and he doesn’t want to move. Using the potty to pee, then immediately & intentionally doing a number two in his diaper. Convincing us into believing that he needs a new diaper while in the midst of a vest session, only to discover a dry diaper & that he was trying to get out of the treatment. Doing something naughty when I’m not looking, then running up to me with “hugs, kisses, and I love you so much Mommy” when he gets busted.

He’s stubborn, outspoken, pushes his boundaries, and knows just how to get himself out of trouble…gee, I wonder where he gets that from? I can guarantee you that my dad is looking down on all of this, falling over with laughter.

IMG_4439

 

I have a feeling that this child is going to give us a run for our money. Constantly keeping us on our toes while we attempt to stay one step ahead.

3 comments:

  1. Well I am going to start potty training in the summer when I will be home with Zoey for 3 months. Any advice? Love the terrible two's. My daughter hides behind the blinds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the two's I hope ours doesn't spill into the there's. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last one is so cute. He almost looks like he's fake crying!

    ReplyDelete