Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Grown up fun

Last Saturday night we went out for appetizers and drinks with friends to celebrate Casey's 30th birthday (the actual day was the 28th), and then wandered over to a couple bars to finish off the night.

This was the first time Gavin had ever spent a night away from me (he was at Casey's parents). I thought I would have a hard time with it, but I think I was so ready for the break that it didn't phase me like I thought it would. And he came back in the morning with a new skill...he now can figure out what "down" means...he can't say it yet, but if he is in his high chair he points down and looks over the edge of his chair toward the ground.

It was nice to get a group of Casey's friends together, with everyone busy getting married and having babies, it's often difficult to get people together in a large group anymore.

We were so busy having fun that I forgot to get a picture of the entire group together, there were thirteen of us in all, but Casey's good friend Emily got a couple shots of a few of us.
Btw, Emily is on the far left and she had just cut off 15 inches of her hair earlier that afternoon! Still lovin' the hair lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment