This pretty much made my entire month of November.
I have an obsession with Ellen...it's a must watch for me everyday...Oprah is not far behind.
Shhh, don't tell Casey, but a big reason I wanted a DVR once we move is because both shows are on at the same time in Rochester. Umm, what?!? Seriously. Who does that?
Each month in O Magazine, Oprah writes a "What I Know for Sure," column...this month Ellen wrote the article (why I haven't bought this month's magazine still remains a mystery). Well, my friend Rebecca wrote her own "What I Know for Sure," on Mommyhood today and I decided to
What I Know For Sure: Mommyhood Edition
- Even when your little one begins to sleep through the night, you will never again get a good nights sleep. Even while sleeping, your ears will strain to hear every little noise they make. Whether it's the sounds of sighing, the rustle of their sheets as they roll over, or their cries...you hear it.
- There is no longer such a thing as having my own dinner plate. My plate is open for sharing. Whether the sharing is by my choice as I give my child a spoonful of food, or if a little fist pops up out of nowhere grabbing a handful...it's no longer my own.
- It is impossible to go to Target without stopping in the baby/children department. It is also impossible to go to Target without a list...it's now a go in, get what you need, pay and leave event...no dawdling anymore!
- Johnny Jump-ups were the best invention ever.
- People you have not talked to since highschool (or longer!) will become close friends/confidants on facebook if you have children somewhat close in age.
- You will suddenly have a great interest in your friends labor/birthing stories. How long were you in labor? How long did you push? Did you use pain meds?
- You will wonder what in the world you did with all that free time? What did we do on those random Tuesday nights when we didn't have baby to stare at/play with?
- The days of lounging in bed uninterrupted on a weekend morning (or ever) are long forgotten.
- After changing ridiculous amounts of absolutely disgusting diapers, constantly wiping boogers and cleaning up spit up...there isn't much that can gross me out anymore.
- You once again get giddily excited for the holiday season. It will once again be a time full of mystery, surprises and Santa Claus...and the bonus is that you get to enjoy it through the eyes of your child!
Stay tuned for next week's edition...What I Know for Sure: CF Mom Edition
What do you know for sure?