Monday, March 8, 2010

There are signs…

of spring all around us, here in Minnesota. The temperatures have soared into the mid to upper 40s. I’ve started to see people sans coats in t-shirts, flip flops…shorts.

I know, right??? Even I think that’s crazy.

When you close your eyes and picture the spring…what do you think of? Flowers? Green grass?

Yet, let’s be honest. The grass might be visible (sort of) but it ain’t all that green…

100_3708

The signs of spring are really…not all that pretty.

100_3713 

Don’t even get me started on all the mud, dirt & sand that gets dragged inside. I feel like I need to duct tape a broom to my arm to even try to keep up.

But there are some exciting parts. Such as being able to actually walk down the now ice free sidewalks…

100_3711

Until you reach the end of that sidewalk and run into this lake sized puddle…

100_3712

that I got to walk through while carrying Gavin in his stroller. That sure was fun…

But every day, I notice less snow and more grass. I notice more people out walking around. I notice the local stores opening up their garden sections. I notice the bright spring colors on display in the mall.

So while it might not be pretty right now…I know that in just a few short weeks the flowers will be blooming, the grass will be green…and it just might be warm enough for me to don a pair of shorts (many apologies to those of you having to witness my pale, pasty legs before they are given some time in the sun).

Spring is coming & life is good. Now…where did Gavin hide my sunglasses…

2 comments:

  1. Just popped over from MckMama's Community.

    What a cute little guy you have. I am sure he brings you much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like we are experiencing the same big thaw in NJ. It is a great feeling but I agree not that pretty.

    ReplyDelete