Friday, August 21, 2009

Little Ben and other info

I've "met" another mommy through a yahoo support group that I am in named Margaux, who has an adorable son Ben, who is very close to Gavin's age. Ben also has CF, and has wonderful parents that are doing their darndest to keep their little guy as healthy as possible!
Their family also has a blog, go ahead and check it out and give them a big hello!
I do have to say that the two groups through Yahoo that I have joined have helped me out immensely. I have met parents from all over the world who are striving to make their children's lives as normal as possible and everyone is giving it everything they've got to find a cure! Many of the parents I have met through these groups are now also facebook and blog friends, and we all stay in close contact. I don't know what people did before the internet, I would have felt so isolated and alone!
On a different note, Gavin and I are down in Rochester once again, we're in town for a wedding...should be interesting, it's Gavin's first wedding ever. Any bets on how long he'll last at the ceremony? At the reception? At least it's a Lutheran ceremony, we know how to keep them short and sweet, haha!
I forgot to mention yesterday, that in order to get the H1N1 vaccine (Gavin and many of his "friends" will be high priority) you must have the regular flu shot first. They have started giving out flu shots already in preparation for this newer vaccine, just thought I would get everyone a heads up so that they can also beat the seasonal rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment