Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blog Hop - Recipes!

Blog Hoppin Tuesday again already? My goodness time flies!

This week we're sharing recipes, and I thought I'd share quick, simple and yummy chicken enchilada recipe.

Cheesy Chicken Enchilada

Serves: 4-6
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
Heat the oven to 350°F

Ingredients:

1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups Picante Sauce (or any chunky salsa will do!)
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
6 flour tortilla (6-inch) warmed
1 small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 green onion, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
Optional: 1/2 cup drained black beans

  1. Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder, chicken & optional black beans in a medium bowl.
  2. Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas (leave about 1/2 cup extra to put on top before baking)
  3. Roll up the tortillas and place them seam-side up in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
  4. Top with remaining chicken mixture, additional picante and cheese
  5. Cover the baking dish & bake for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling
  6. Top with the tomato and onion.

** Speaking about time flying, on a side note, today is the fourth anniversary of my father passing away from pulmonary fibrosis. RIP Dad we miss you.

MckLinky Blog Hop



3 comments:

  1. Oh yum! That sounds great!!! I am your newest follower- come by and check my blog out too! http://raisingbabycheap.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started a new blog so I was searching blogs that might have something in common with me. I am writing about the loss of my Dad to Pulmonary Fibrosis. I noticed you and I are close in age and that you lost your father to PF as well. Feel free to check out my blog. God bless.
    http://whenilostmydad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this recipe ! Reminds me of you making soap at home, Mom.
    And it's fun to see photos of your house there and see
    Dad in that comfy chair we sat in when we visited,
    attempting to use the slow internet :)

    I can't wait to hear how the soap turned out in terms
    of using it. Does it smell different since it is made with
    animal fat? Any other differences from vegetable-based soap?

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete