This week we're sharing recipes, and I thought I'd share quick, simple and yummy chicken enchilada recipe.
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
Heat the oven to 350°F
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups Picante Sauce (or any chunky salsa will do!)
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
6 flour tortilla (6-inch) warmed
1 small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 green onion, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
Optional: 1/2 cup drained black beans
- Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder, chicken & optional black beans in a medium bowl.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas (leave about 1/2 cup extra to put on top before baking)
- Roll up the tortillas and place them seam-side up in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Top with remaining chicken mixture, additional picante and cheese
- Cover the baking dish & bake for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling
- Top with the tomato and onion.
** Speaking about time flying, on a side note, today is the fourth anniversary of my father passing away from pulmonary fibrosis. RIP Dad we miss you.