This week we’re switching it up a little bit.
With the seasons changing…the air getting cooler…and many hours of watching football games ahead of us…
What is your favorite cold weather comfort food?
A staple for us around here is
TATOR TOT HOTDISH!
For those of you who do not live in Minnesota
hotdish = casserole
It couldn’t be more simple!
1 to 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef
1 bag of frozen tator tots (we like the extra crispy ones)
1 can of drained green beans
1 can of drained corn (*optional)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of cream of chicken soup (*optional)
- Ground beef on stove, then drain
- In a 9x13 baking pan mix cooked/drained ground beef, veggies, and cream soups, spread mixture across pan
- Top with frozen tator tots
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes (or until tators are brown & crispy!)
* You can choose to add corn if you want more veggies,
* Hotdish is “thick” with one can of soup. We like ours a bit soupier so we combine the 2 flavors :)
*You can also add chopped onions and garlic salt to the mix for added flavor :)
This warms the soul on those chilly days…and for those houses with a CFer? It is also filled with calories :)